As we head into the winter months, it is extremely important that everyone follows proper mask protocols.
Allenby students are asked to bring two masks to school each day, one that they wear into school in the morning, and another that they change into after lunch.
At the end of each day, both of these masks should be thoroughly washed, with new masks being sent in the following day.
7 Mask etiquette tips:
- Bring TWO masks to school each day, one for the morning and one for the afternoon.
- Ensure all masks are washed in between uses.
- Never borrow or lend masks.
- Make sure that the mask you are wearing fits properly over your mouth and nose.
- Do not touch or adjust your mask during the day. If you need to adjust it, the mask is likely not the right fit and should be replaced.
- Ensure that you are washing or sanitizing your hands before removing your mask, and again before putting your mask back on.
- Make sure that when your mask is off at school, that it is in a clean place (e.g. on your lanyard, on a paper towel/napkin or folded and in your pocket/pouch).
Here is a helpful video you can share with your children to remind them how important it is to treat mask wearing seriously.