The Allenby Parents Association (APA) provides a forum through which parents and other members of the school community can contribute to improving student achievement and school performance. It is a parent-run organization in which all parents with children at Allenby Public School are members.
In addition to information sharing and advocacy for parents, the APA also provides support for the education of children at Allenby PS through fundraising. The funds raised by the APA provide for many important initiatives at Allenby that the school might not otherwise be able to run. The funds raised by the APA enrich all of our children’s educational experience at Allenby PS.
Did you know?
- 100% of all donations are used to support the school.
- There are over 500 families in the Allenby community with over 800 students. The APA suggests that each family donate $50 per child; but all giving is voluntary. That amount is calculated based on the per child spending of the APA.
- The APA is a registered charity. All donations are tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt.
- We appreciate a gift of any amount that you are comfortable with. We appreciate your support, always.
Thank you to all our donors who make these programs viable; on behalf of all our students and teachers, we appreciate your continuous support of our school. Please get involved in our work and consider lending your time, talent and treasure in any way that you can do so; Allenby Public School needs you!
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on APA Fundraising.
Calendar of Giving
There are three different organizations that fund raise throughout the school year. The three fundraising sources are
- Allenby Parent Association (APA)
Raises funds, in accordance with Ontario Ministry guidelines, to enhance the learning experience of all Allenby students. It is inclusive, non-discriminatory and voluntary.
The school, led by the Principal, chooses to support charities on a school-wide basis that are sponsored or supported by TDSB. The purpose of these events is to engage students in organizing and fundraising, and to get the students involved in a meaningful way.
Raises funds for third parties at the discretion of the Principal. They are allowed to select from a list of “pre-packaged programs” that tie to curriculum in some manner. Will also raise funds for international crisis as they come up through “special” one-time drives.
- ALL funds are separate and used for different purposes.
- “Special” requests can come directly from the TDSB as a reaction to specific global situations and therefore can’t be predicted.
The Calendar of Giving outlines the fundraising campaigns from all sources you can expect throughout the year, so that each family can make their own fundraising decisions in accordance with their own values and budget.