Please visit this page regularly for information on Allenby Parents’ Association volunteer opportunities.
Please remember, a current police reference check is required to be a regular volunteer in a TDSB school. For more information on how to obtain a police check, please review the Volunteering at École Allenby Jr. P.S. policy.
APA Class Representatives Needed!
Class Representatives provide a connection between the APA and the parent community. These volunteers are often called upon to help with classroom party planning and volunteer organization.
Class Rep Role:
- Class Reps will be chosen by teachers and teachers may choose up to two parents to share the role.
- Teachers will submit the names of their Class Rep(s) to the office and the APA Class Rep Coordinator.
- Parents may only be a Class Rep for one classroom.
- Class Reps are responsible for attending APA meetings, organizing contributions to various APA initiatives, communicating on behalf of the APA, and other duties as requested by the teacher (e.g., coordinate classroom volunteers, help with Scholastic and plan class parties).
- Class Reps are asked not to communicate information regarding the instructional program on behalf of teachers.
Interested parents are asked to submit this form prior to September 20th (note that with the reorganization/virtual school, parents are asked to resubmit the form indicating new classrooms). Please contact Diana Bold with any questions.