The Allenby Drop Zone
For students in Grades 1-6, we encourage those parents who need to drive to use our Drop Zone. We have two different locations: Castlefield Ave (for those travelling westbound) and St. Clements Ave (for those travelling eastbound). The Drop Zone operates from 8:45-9:00 AM. Please avoid stopping in the Drop Zone areas (between 8:30-9:30 AM) and avoid stopping in the Kindergarten and Bus Zones ANYTIME during the school day (as indicated on the posted signage).
The Allenby Drop Zone is staffed by parent volunteers. We ask that everyone show respect and courtesy to our volunteers and ask for all parents to lend a hand when they can. Want to help out? Contact Julie Snyder for more information.
- Whenever possible, walk
- Park further down the street and walk up to school
- For morning drop off, use the Allenby Drop Zone located on Castlefield Ave. and St. Clements Ave.
- Be respectful of others and our neighbours
- Keep your eyes open, small children can jump out onto the street at any time
- Keep it slow and follow the posted speed limits (NOTE: speed along Avenue Rd. from Eglinton to Lawrence Ave is now posted at 40 km/h)
- Avoid 3-point turns in the school zones
- Avoid blocking driveways of our neighbours
- Follow and respect the signs:
- No straight through or left turns onto Avenue Rd from Castlefield
- No straight through or left turns onto Avenue Rd from Briar Hill Ave
- No stopping or parking in the bus zone or kindergarten zone
- Remember, we are all trying to get our children to and from school safely. Avoid honking your horn and causing a public spectacle when traffic is at a standstill. Our children and their friends are watching how we behave.
Click here for more information from the TDSB on Road Safety.
Families living in the school catchment area are encouraged to walk to school. Starting soon, we will be launching some great initiatives to encourage walking to school. Stay tuned for some exciting news!
Crossing guards are on duty at the following intersections from 8:30 to 9:00 am, 11:40 am to 12:00 pm, 12:30 to 1:05 pm, and 3:30 to 4:15 pm.:
- Avenue Rd. and St. Clements Ave.
- Avenue Rd. and Roselawn Ave.
- Avenue Rd. and Castlefield Ave.
- Roselawn Ave. and Castlewood Ave.
Please notify crossing guard coordinator Police Constable Lau, 53 Division at 416-808-5327 if a crossing guard is not on duty during these hours.
Please remind your children to cross only at designated crosswalks and encourage them to follow safe walking routes and practices.
If you are interested in joining the committee working on student safety and walking to school, please contact Andrea Spender.