General Safety Tips
Please follow these school zone safety tips to keep our kids safe!
- Whenever possible, walk
- Park further down the street and walk up to school
- For morning drop off, use the Kiss and Ride on Castlefield Ave.
- Be respectful of others
- Be patient
- Keep your eyes open, small children can jump out onto the street at any time
- Keep it slow and follow the speed limit (30 km/hour)
- Follow and respect the signs:
- Eastbound Castlefield, no straight through or left turns from 6-10AM and 3-6PM (or what the times are)
- Westbound Castlefield, no straight through or left turns from 6-10AM and 3-6PM (or what the times are)
- 10 minute stopping limit in school zone
- Don’t park in School Bus Zone (St. Clements)
- Don’t park in Kindergarten Zone (Castlefield)
- Don’t perform 3-point turns in school zone (both sides of school)
- Don’t block driveways
- Don’t honk horns and cause a public spectacle when traffic is at a stand still – remember you chose to drive!
Families living in the school catchment area are encouraged to walk to school. Crossing guards are on duty at Avenue Road and St. Clements Avenue and at Roselawn Avenue and Castlewood Road from 8:30 to 9:00 am, 11:40 am to 12:00 pm, 12:30 to 1:05 pm, and 3:30 to 4:15 pm.
Please notify crossing guard coordinator Police Constable Lau, 53 Division at 416-808-5327 if a crossing guard is not on duty during these hours.
Please remind your children to cross only at designated crosswalks and encourage them to follow safe walking routes and practices.
Traffic and Parking Solutions
In order to ease traffic congestion and ensure the safety of children walking to and from school, please travel only WEST on Castlefield Avenue and EAST on St. Clements Avenue during student arrival and dismissal times.
If parking is required, please ensure to stop only in designated spots and avoid blocking or turning around in neighbouring driveways.
Allenby School has a large student population. For the continued safety of both students and drivers, please respect all traffic regulations including the ‘no parking’ and ‘no stopping’ signs on St. Clements and on Castlefield.