This week we debuted our new Allenby Drop Zone on St. Clements. Thank you to all parents for their cooperation and participation. Already, we have noticed a positive change in the flow of traffic, a reduction in congestion and students are getting to school on time and safely! We have also noticed that the minute one car parks on St. Clements in the area starting from the school all the way to the lights, the positive outcomes of the program are undermined and we are back to square one in terms of congestion. We acknowledge that the signs allow for 10 minute parking, but we are asking for the community to avoid parking on the south side of St. Clements (all the way to the lights) while we are piloting the program and before permanent no stopping signs are implemented.
- Drivers heading East in the morning should use the south side of St. Clements as their preferred Drop Zone.
- Drivers heading West in the morning should use the north side of Castlefield as their preferred Drop Zone.
- Parking is still permitted on the north side of St. Clements and the south side of Castlefield and other areas outside of school zone.
- A Traffic Monitor will help children out of the car. Children should be ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks on their laps. Traffic Monitors cannot unbuckle seat belts.
- Children will be escorted into the playground. Students in grades 4 to 6 may walk by themselves to the playground. We kindly ask that parents do not park in designated Drop Zone areas.
We ask that parents respect our parent volunteers. We are all members of the same community. If you ever have any questions or concerns please contact Lisa Parker directly rather than approaching our valuable volunteers.