Welcome to the Allenby Cross Country Team. These are a few details we want you to be aware of involving Cross Country.
IF YOUR CHILD WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ALLENBY CROSS COUNTRY TEAM THEY MUST FILL OUT THE FORM ATTACHED AND RETURN IT TO MR. BARTA BEFORE THEY CAN BEGIN TRAINING.
Grades 1-2 run a 1 km course
Grade 3 run a 1.5 km course
Grades 4-6 run 2 km course
2. Practice is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings beginning Monday, September 11th (meet in the Allenby field). Students should arrive between 8:00 – 8:15 so that they have enough time to run their required distance and cool down.
3. The first Meet of the season will be held at Earl Bales Park on October 5th. The conference finals are scheduled for October 16th and City Finals this year are on October 26th. Students will be transported by bus to the first meet. Parents will be responsible for driving their child to the second and final meet if they qualify. (Top 40 runners or top 5 school teams.) Please plan ahead if you know your child will be attending the meet.
4. After two weeks of training, we will set up a qualifying run day. Students must show that they can run the required distance without stopping if they want to attend the meet.
5. We do not practice if it’s raining.
6. Over the next 4 weeks we will be meeting three times a week to practice (beginning Monday, September 11th). The first meet will be held on Monday October 5th at Earl Bales Park for runners in Grades 1-6. Next week we will be sending home permission forms for anyone interested in joining the team and attending the meet.
7. Parents are welcome to join us running in the mornings and we could really use some adults who are willing to volunteer to ensure the training course is safely supervised. If you are willing to help out please email me or just show up on the mornings that we practice.
Thank you for supporting our school team and for encouraging your child. If you have any further questions please feel free to email Mr. Barta.