The TDSB is proud to recognize important days of significance throughout the school year including a number of heritage and history months. TDSB Committees, made up of community members, Trustees, and staff are in place for many of these to plan activities that celebrate the month and our diverse TDSB community.
Days of Significance:
- September 21-29: Mabon – Wicca/Pagan
- September 22-23: Ohigan – Buddhism (Shintoism)
- September 23: International Day of Sign Languages – United Nations
- September 25: Franco-Ontarian Day – Government of Ontario
- September 25: Yom Kippur – Judaism
- September 27: Mawlid-al-Nabi – Prophet’s Birthday – Islam
- September 29: Kathina Festival/Paváraná Day – Buddhism (Theravada)
- September 30: National Day of Truth and Reconciliation – First Nation, Métis, Inuit
- September 30: Orange Shirt Day – First Nations, Métis, Inuit
If students, staff, or families wish to share additional resources, personal narratives, or upcoming events, please don’t hesitate to email Adeeba at AllenbyDEI.