École Allenby Jr. Public School values the tremendous contributions of our parent and community volunteers who give their time and effort. We have many volunteer opportunities at our school (e.g., Reading Angels/Anges de lecture) and are always open to new opportunities to utilize volunteer skills, knowledge, and expertise to support student learning.
If you plan to be a regularly scheduled volunteer in the school this year, the TDSB requires a Vulnerable Sector Background Check. A complete overview of the process is available here.
Summarized steps are as follows (please note that Step 5 is for Returning Volunteers):
- Complete the Toronto Police Services/TDSB Consent to Disclosure form available from the Allenby office. Alternatively, you can print and complete the form. The form must be printed on legal-size paper.
- Obtain a certified cheque or money order for $20.00, payable to Toronto Police Services. The APA is happy to provide financial assistance if necessary.
- Deliver your application (the original Consent to Disclosure form and the certified cheque or money order) to the school office. The school will send it to the TDSB Police Record Check (PRC) office. You can also choose to drop off or mail your application to the TDSB PRC office at
Fairmeadow Education Centre,
17 Fairmeadow Avenue, Room 107,
Do not go directly to Toronto Police Services (TPS). They only accept forms if they’re submitted through the TDSB PRC office with payment as outlined.
- TPS will mail the approved Police Record Check to the volunteer’s home address as indicated on the form. Bring the approved original copy of the Police Record Check back to the school office and include a completed Application to Volunteer at Allenby Jr. P.S.
- FOR RETURNING VOLUNTEERS: If you have a current Police Record Check confirmation on file with Allenby, you must make a yearly offence declaration in order to renew active volunteering status in our school. Please complete the Annual Offence Declaration for Returning Volunteers. Allenby’s list of approved volunteers will be updated annually according to this information, and volunteers will be notified by the school once the list has been updated.
Please contact Deborah Zamin, Allenby Vice Principal, with any questions.