Thursday, November 22
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Allenby Junior Public School
(Enter at St. Clements Doors)
Gather up the family and join us for an incredible night of live performances, creative arts, music, food and fundraising!
Live performances on the Allenby gym “main” stage include:
- The Isabella Hoops Show (7:15 – 7:45 pm)
Bella Hoops is an acrobatic circus performer and world class hula hooper. Bella doesn’t just hula-hoop; she brings incredible energy, quirky humour, dance and rhythm to the hoop to create an extraordinary and memorable show for all!
- Funnies for Families Improv (8:10 – 8:50 pm)
Funnies for Families is an improv comedy troupe that specializes in making families laugh! Their performers have years of experience, performing in the most well known comedy venues and festivals, including Toronto’s very own Second City.
Wander the halls of Allenby starting at 6 pm to see just how talented our community is! The event will also feature:
- Student Art Show & Contest
- Allenby Community Buskers
- Clap Studio Creativity Room
- Café des Artistes
- Silent Auction
All proceeds from the evening support school priorities including classroom enrichment grants, experts in the school, school wide experiences, health & safety, literacy, STEM, phys ed and arts programs. It will be an evening you won’t want to miss!
Order your tickets on Amilia now! Tickets are $15 each or $50 for a Family Pack. Children 2 years and under are free.
Tickets will also be available at the door (cash only). Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Want to Help?
Our Family Night Out committee is working hard to organize this amazing evening but needs lots of extra hands to help set up, run and clean up the event. Visit the event volunteer sign-up genius and pick a shift to help us out!
The Allenby library will be transformed into a gallery on November 22nd so channel your inner Picasso and enter our themed art show with a work of art that ‘Makes You Smile”.
Art Show Rules & Guidelines:
- Art is to be created by students individually at home or with a team of family/friends.
- Create your work using the media of your choice including drawing, painting, photography, digital media, print making, silk screening or découpage.
- Art MUST be produced on a flat material (e.g. paper, canvas, Bristol board, foam core, felt etc). with a maximum size of 42”X 42”(no frames)
- Limit of one work per student (enter individually or as a team)
- No art kits permitted; No sculptures or clay.
- Contest awards include: Best of Show (one for Kindergarten, Primary gr.1-3 and Junior 4-6) and Best of Show (Team, mixed age group)
Art Show Registration
- Art show registration will be open Oct 24 – Nov 9
- Art submissions must be dropped off before/after school on Nov 20, details to follow
REGISTER now to enter the Allenby Art Show & Contest!
What do singer Justin Bieber, comedian Robin Williams, violinist Joshua Bell and Cirque de Soleil founder Guy Laliberté all have in common? They have all been buskers, sharing their many talents through informal pop-up performances!!
Watch our merry band of Allenby performers as they show off their talents on pop-up stages throughout the school. These mini shows offer great variety, great talent and great fun!
Busker Rules & Guidelines
- Allenby students, alumni, parents and teachers are welcome to sign up as a busker (either individually or in a group)
- Limit of one busker performance per person
- Busker performance time slots are 10 minutes each – performances should be between 7-8 minutes in length
- No lip sync acts, fire eating or sword juggling please
- Gratuities collected at each busker stage will be donated to Funnies for Families, the improv troupe that will be performing on the Allenby main stage. Money raised will help them to perform more shows at children’s hospitals, charities and shelters!
- Busker registration will be open Oct 24 – Nov 9
- Registered buskers will be contacted via email to confirm the time slot and stage location for their performance the week of Nov 12
REGISTER now to be an Allenby Busker!
Led by Clap Studio, come enter an underwater world for the ultimate immersive creative experience! Allenby students will design and decorate their own fish scale or turtle shell piece, which will then be attached to sculptures.
The finished masterpieces will be a series of sea creatures, adorned with the unique and beautiful parts that each Allenby student has made. Join us for some fun photos with family and friends at the submarine photo cut out! Talk about an underwater adventure!
Join us for dinner and dessert as our food concession features a fall inspired menu including warm pastas, candy apples, a selection of sweet and savoury baked goods, hot apple cider and many other drinks and snacks!
Food purchase is CASH only.
Kids camps and programs, dining experiences, toys and tech items, gym memberships, sporting goods, spa services and more!
And don’t miss the fabulous Allenby experiences offered by teachers and staff at our school.
Silent auction payment by cash, cheque or credit card. Auction closes at 8:10 pm, with payment and pick-up starting at 8:50 pm.
Click here for for the full preview of auction experiences!
Thank you to all of the businesses and families who donated items and services to the silent auction.
Thank you to Allenby Administration, Teachers, Office & Custodial Staff – especially all of those who donated Allenby experiences to the silent auction.
A big thanks to our volunteer parents who share their talents throughout the year with graphic design (Gaël Porteu), website publishing (Janine MacNeil) and newsletter production (Sherine Kerr-Stewart and Shima Aoki). We couldn’t do it without you!
Thank you to our many parent volunteers and families for supporting Family Night Out, including committee members: