How the submission process works
- You send your submission to the newsletter coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The coordinator formats and sends a draft of the newsletter to the chairs for approval.
- The newsletter is sent by email each Thursday. See below for submission deadlines.
What content is appropriate?
- The Allenby Updates contain information of interest to Allenby parents, about things going on at Allenby.
- If your information includes a topic that has been sent in a previous newsletter (e.g. pizza lunch, lice check, APA meeting information and agenda, fun fair, big night out, lip synch, registration forms, Eco-school, intramurals, After 4 program, Parking, etc.) then you know the content is acceptable.
- If your subject is something new, then the APA chairs will determine if it is appropriate in the draft stage.
What do I need to send?
- The newsletter coordinator requires a written “blurb” for the newsletter, as well as any attachments (such as registration forms).
- Since the newsletter coordinator cuts and pastes the “blurb” into a preformatted box, do not waste time making your blurb look eye-catching with special fonts, colours or sizes. She will be the only one who will see your gorgeous formatting.
- If you have a picture (like the Allenby Fun Fair logo) that you’d like to include, attach it to your email. (.JPG, .PNG or .GIF format please)
- Word (.doc or .docx), PDF, or text are all acceptable formats for attachments.
- If the newsletter coordinator does not receive everything (blurb and any attachments) by the deadline, your information may not be in that week’s newsletter.
- If the newsletter coordinator has any questions or finds a typo that she can’t make sense of on her own, she will email you as soon as possible. If she does not hear back from you by the deadline, and can’t figure out what to do, she may decide not to include your information that week.
- If you know you will have something to go in the newsletter and know you cannot make the deadline, please contact the newsletter coordinator. She can usually accommodate if she knows ahead of time (especially if your content is pre-approved).
- Tuesday noon – Newsletter coordinators must receive all necessary info
- Wednesday 6 pm – Newsletter coordinators sends draft to Chair for approval
- Thursday 10:30 am – Newsletter is sent
- Most of the APA newsletter information gets posted on the APA Website as well. If you would prefer that your submission not be posted to the website, or want it to be different from the newsletter “blurb,” please advise the website coordinator and supply her with the alternative content.
- If you find mistakes on the website please let Janine know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that School news (from the office) does not usually go on the website. School news will appear on the school website at schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/allenby