The May APA meeting was held last night. For those who couldn’t make it:
- Tracey O’Toole and Sandra Larosa shared what’s been happening at the school level with respect to math. Tracey’s principal’s message provides more information on math learning and the growth mindset.
- APA Treasurer, Sarosh Nanavati presented the proposed 2017/2018 APA Budget. The APA will continue to spend down the surplus with a focus on funding the School’s Key Priorities (STEM and Literacy).
- A motion was presented and passed to spend up to $1000 on a retirement celebration for Mr. G and Mr. Osborne. Event details are here. Please consider contributing food or beverages for the party using this sign up. Contributions for a group gift can be dropped off in the office.
- A motion was presented and passed to spend up to $1000 on a storage solution for our outdoor recess equipment storage container. The school and APA will be sharing the cost.
- It was shared that the APA rep role will be changing for 2017/2018. Parents will express their interest in the class rep role by responding to a request (standardized on-line form) that comes directly from the classroom teacher. Our new class reps will be chosen by teachers and teachers may chose two or more parents to share the role. A detailed description is available here.
- Fun Fair, our biggest FUNdraiser of the year, will be happening rain or shine this Saturday and it still needs volunteers! Sign up here. Ticket and Wristband orders should be coming home in backpacks tonight. If you do not receive your order, please contact Colette Kim.
Thanks to all who participated last night. We had some meaningful and thoughtful discussions about the happenings in and around our school.
The APA Team