There’s something about the end of winter and the start of warmer weather that makes us want to clean, organize and de-clutter. To help you get motivated, the APA’s Health & Wellness Committee has organized a “De-Clutter for Others: Children’s Books and Children’s Clothing Drive“. From Tuesday, April 18 to Friday, April 28, we will have bins outside the office ready to accept gently-loved children’s books and children’s spring/summer clothing.
The Children’s Book Bank is a charity that collects and distributes books to children who might otherwise not have their own books. Please consider giving:
- Children’s books for kids aged birth to 12 yrs old
- New or gently used, no missing covers, torn pages, or pages with colouring or writing on them
- Children’s books printed in the last ten years
New Circles operates the largest clothing bank in Toronto under the name of GLOW (Gently Loved Outfits to Wear). It offers a free retail shopping experience for their clients who are mostly newcomers to Canada. Please consider giving:
- Laundered children’s spring and summer clothing (especially in need of boys clothing e.g. spring jackets, light hoodies, athletic/casual pants, shoes, shorts, t-shirts)
- No used socks or under garments, no soiled or ripped/torn items
This is the perfect opportunity to get your kids involved, get them excited about giving and de-clutter your living space!