Policies Regarding Visitors/Volunteers
- All adult visitors must report to the office upon entering the building.
- Visitors and volunteers must sign in and out of the visitor’s log and wear a visitor’s badge.
- Students are to report immediately to the office or nearest known adult if they see strangers in the school or on the playground.
- Staff is to inform the office immediately if a student reports seeing someone suspicious.
- Staff must take the student to the office to give a description of the stranger.
- Police may be notified.
- Parents of students involved in an incident will be notified immediately.
- Staff is to be continually on the alert for unauthorized visitors. If a stranger is seen, they can offer assistance or report immediately to the office.
- Students are to go to the washroom in pairs and must stay together until back in the classroom.
- Parents are to meet their children in the office if they have an appointment during the day.
- Parents/guardians are to drop off/pick up their children outside the building at entrance and dismissal times. Teachers will make parents/guardians aware of the closest outside areas where they can meet their children.
- Kindergarten parents please refer to the letters from your classroom teacher.
The school will periodically conduct lock-down drills. Lock-down is used in case of an intruder entering school property. During lock-down, school staff lock themselves and students in school rooms, accounting for every student and staff member. By practicing lock-down, students are taught to remain calm, quiet, and avoid panic.