The 29th annual Allenby Lip Sync will be held on Thursday, February 27 and Friday, February 28, 2020 in the school gym (doors open @ 6 pm, show starts @ 7 pm).
This fun-filled fundraiser is organized by the Allenby Parents Association and involves groups of students dancing and lip sync-ing to their favourite hits in front of a rockin’ crowd!
LIP SYNC GUIDELINES & KEY DATES
- Due to the popularity of the event and number of acts to schedule each night, we ask that groups include a minimum of 3 students.
- Groups will perform on either February 27 or 28 – we will do our best to accommodate scheduling requests while aiming for an equal number of performances each night.
- Acts must be a maximum of 2 minutes in length, with a recommended length of 1.5 minutes. Instructions for providing edited music files will be shared following registration.
- Music, lyrics, props, dance moves and costumes must be school appropriate.
- Performances may NOT include throwing of any objects off the stage (e.g. confetti, candy, balls etc…).
- Each group must be accompanied by a minimum of 1 parent at the dress rehearsal.
- A minimum of 1 parent from each group must sign-up to help out on the night of the show (e.g. food sales, tickets, set-up, clean-up etc…). Volunteer sign-up details to follow.
Dates (TBC): Tuesday, February 18 or Wednesday, February 19 from 3:35 – 6 pm, in the gym.
Groups will be invited to sign up for a specific dress rehearsal time in early February. A full performance of each act is required, including any props. Costumes are optional. Auditions will not be required this year.
To sign-up for the show, please complete the information on this form by Friday, January 31.
The Allenby Parents’ Association would like to thank the Sabrina Kaufman Real Estate Team for sponsoring this event.