The 28th annual Allenby Lip Sync will be held on Thursday, February 28 and Friday, March 1, 2019 in the school gym (doors open @ 6 pm).
This fun-filled fundraiser is organized by the Allenby Parents Association and involves groups of students dancing and lip sync-ing to their favourite hits in front of a rockin’ crowd!
LIP SYNC REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
1. Due to the popularity of the event and number of acts to schedule each night, we ask that groups include a minimum of 3 students.
2. Groups will perform on either February 28 or March 1 – we will do our best to accommodate scheduling requests while aiming for an equal number of performances each night.
3. Acts must be a maximum of 2 minutes in length, with a recommended length of 1.5 minutes. Instructions for providing edited music files will be shared following the auditions.
4. Music, lyrics, props, dance moves and costumes must be school appropriate.
5. Performances may NOT include throwing of any objects off the stage (e.g. confetti, candy, balls etc…).
6. Groups must attend both the audition and the dress rehearsal in order to be part of the show. Provided the song choice and performance is appropriate, all groups will proceed past the audition stage.
7. Each group must be accompanied by a minimum of 1 parent at the audition and dress rehearsal.
8. A minimum of 1 parent from each group must sign-up to help out on the night of the show (e.g. food sales, tickets, set-up, clean-up etc…). Don’t worry you will not miss the show, so please click here to sign-up for a shift or two on one or both nights!
9. Grade 6 students can volunteer to help as an MC or Stage Hand for one of the shows. Please complete the bottom of the online registration form if interested.
Dates: Feb 6 (in the music room) or Feb 7 (in the gym), 8 am – 8:50 am.
Choose the audition date that suits your group’s schedule and drop in to the gym accordingly. Auditions are first come, first serve during these time slots.
Groups must bring their song on a mobile device (speakers will be provided) and must perform approximately 30 seconds of their act.
Dates: Feb 20 or Feb 21, 3:35 – 6 pm, in the gym.
Groups will be invited to sign up for a specific dress rehearsal time slot once auditions are complete. A full performance of each act is required, including any props.
Tickets are $10 each or $15 each for both nights. Children under 3 are free; performers are free on the night of their performance.
Advance tickets will be on sale on Amilia starting February 11th.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Allenby Parents’ Association would like to thank Oxford Learning Forest Hill for sponsoring this event.